Whatsapp Dark Mode : How to enable it
WhatsApp has finally launched its Dark Mode for both Android and iPhone users
Whatsapp finally launched its dark mode on both Android & iPhone.
It was in testing phase for about a year, now users can download/update the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store to get this new feature to work. WhatsApp dark mode has more of a dark grey tone rather than a black background. Android users who are on Android 10 and iPhone users on iOS 13 can get WhatsApp Dark Mode by enabling the Dark Mode in their system settings.
Dark Mode gives users the option to change the theme of the app to something that minimises eye fatigue, as opposed to a brighter background. This is especially helpful in dimly lit environments.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon on the top right and select Settings.
- Tap on Chats to go into the chat settings.
- Tap on Theme and it will give you an option to choose the theme for the app.
- Select Dark and your all set to use WhatsApp Dark Mode.
You will also find a System default option when you tap on Theme which will automatically switch between light and dark mode according to the default system settings.
This manual method is not available for iOS 13 users. And, iPhone users who do not have iOS 13 will not be able to experience WhatsApp's Dark Mode.
- Go to Settings on the phone and find the Display & Brightness option.
- Tap on Dark to enable system wide Dark Mode.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Control Centre and tap on Dark Mode.
The WhatsApp team shared the details of this update on their blog.